Basic Life Support (BLS) Course in Toronto, ON
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a course designed to teach healthcare professionals and students the basics about cardiac resuscitation in both pre- hospital and in facility settings, teaching both single rescuer and team basic life support skills. Our course covers topics that are up to par with Canada’s leading experts in resuscitation science and education, as they are fully accredited by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. While providing realistic scenarios, simulations and animations showing rescuers, teams and patients, students will be able to effectively learn proper techniques for administering CPR.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of high- quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Provide high quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- Apply all steps of the Chain of Survival
- Describe and demonstrate the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Deliver effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Describe and apply the technique used to relief foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for an adult, child and infant
- Act as an effective team member during multi- rescuer CPR
NOTE : The BLS provider certification is valid for 12 months according to Canadian Heart and Stroke regulations and will need re-certification after that period. It is a Pre-requisite for both ACLS and PALS.